Thursday 20 December 2012

Recollecting some bits of my 2012


2012,quite a remarkable year I'd say. A busy busy busy year and if you ask me where I'd been... My answer would be " here and there". It's hard to recall what all I've done, but here's a few list of what I've done and the  places where I've been this year. 







January: I was in Ahmedabad, lock myself up in my room most of the time...working on my incomplete projects (back papers), most of which were on the verge completion. I had 5ive pending incomplete works, not such a bad number hmmmm. Anyway, like I've said, they were almost completed. So in between, I decided to take a short break. And so my year long journey begins.

The last week of January, me and my friends head towards north, to Delhi and then to Manali. On our way back to Delhi, we attended the India Art Fair. 
Manali, January 2012
Manali, January 2012


Delhi Art Fair, January 2012



Absolut Gupta by Subodh Gupta, one of India's leading contemporary artist



India Art Fair, I don't remember the artist of the artwork of Marylin Monroe
February: Ahmedabad, I was back in college, writing a proposal  for my final semester project. Back to "research mode". 29 Feb, I was finally able to submit my proposal. In between I was taking physiotherapy treatment for my trapezeus muscle pain. If you' re quite attached to your laptop, you too will surely have such similar pain.

March: March 3, I took train to Delhi, as my final semester project was based in Delhi I had to stay there for 5-6 months. March 4, I reached Delhi around 10:00 am. I got down at Old Delhi Station. My friend was suppose to pick me up, but since he overslept, I had to wait for another one hour. That's where my five month long journey begins. 

Oshin and Esther, childhood friends. I met them again in Delhi after 17 years. April 2012
March - August: I kept on frequenting Burmese refugee settlement areas, as they were my subject of study ( photography). It was quite a long summer, the immense heat I need not describe them all. But the word 'hot' is too cool a word for Delhi's summer. 

August-September: I was to college, writing my project document which took around 3 weeks (a pain in the ass). 
Sept 10, I submitted my project document. But this was not the end, I still had to wait for my jury. I had to wait for 15 days, which gave me enough time to prepare for my jury. But the day before my jury, my laptop crashed! But luckily I was able to make other arrangements. 
With my classmates in our traditional attire on NID cultural day, 2012
Ahmedabad, September 2012 
my first ever Cheraw performace, in between my busy schedule.
Ahmedabad, September 2012 

Sept 25, my jury presentation took place, all went well but I was given a small follow up with my document where I had to replace a few pages. Which means that some pages needs a re- edit. I was given two days time, but I had to finish it that night itself since I had a train to Delhi the next day.

Sept 26, I submitted my document again, but since it required a few procedures I was able to complete the days work only in the late afternoon, at 4:00 pm. I hardly had time for rest that day. My train departure was at 6:30 pm, barely an hour of rest then I had to head towards the train station. 

United Art Fair, posing with my friend Cindy Z. Tlau who came to see the show. The frames behind are my works
Sept 27 - 30 : Delhi again. United Art Fair at Pragati Maidan. An international art fair/exhibition which showcased the works of many Indian contemporary and rising artists, and a few international artists too. Myself, a few of my classmates and juniors too participated in this event. My first ever participation in a national/international level exhibition, quite a remarkable experience.

October: Another crazy month. I stayed in Delhi till 8th Oct. Then  I head towards south, Chennai. I stayed there for about a week then I moved a bit further up to Hyderabad, to meet my cousins. I stayed there for another week and a half. 
October 31, after 13 months, I finally reached home. Aizawl, home sweet home.
With Amuani and Cindy at Chennai, second week of October, 2012.
Inside Chowmahalla Palace, Hyderabad
October 2012
Golconda Fort, Hyderabad
October 2012
With Tetei and Tetei at Hyderabad
October 2012
Home sweet Home, my window view , November 2012
November: Back to being mommy and daddy's little girl. It feels good to get pampered a bit again :D. But even at home, the word busy won't leave me alone either. But I do prefer being busy. Apart from attending weddings at Lunglei and Kolasib, I was hijacked by the KTP film production team. So in between, I was the cameraman cum additional director at Chanmari branch KTP film shooting. In the meanwhile, me and a couple of my friends were also preparing for a charity photo exhibition which was suppose to be held at Millennium Centre courtyard in the first week of December. Apart from this, I was helping out Project ZERO for the calendar shoot of their upcoming event 1st Annual Anime Cosplay con Mizoram. 

A night out with friends in Aizawl, November 2012
Fooling around :D
With Vincent, a 3 year old big boy. He's damn heavy!!
Lunglei, November 2012 (screen shot from fb)



In the still of the night at Lunglei Bazar veng
November 2012


A shoot for Anime Cosplay, (image on left side)
November 2012(screen shot from fb) 

December: 3&4 December, The Gift of the Magi charity exhibition finally took place. And by the grace of God we raised more than 30k! A good sum raised without any publicity except for a few posts on facebook. I told myself, "since we didn't have enough time for preparation, we'll see the publicity power of facebook".  We even got donations from fb friends in Bangalore and Hyderabad! May God bless all who have kindly donated for the poor and needy.
The Gift of the Magi charity photo exhibition
3&4 December 2012

The governing body of the Mizoram Presbyterian Church, Synod Inkhawmpui (Synod annual meet) took place in our church at Chanmari. So we had a number  of guests from 5-9 December. It was a busy week for the entire locality. And to add up to such busy-ness, my laptop+bag+cash was stolen from my room on saturday night, 8 December. A burglary while we were attending the saturday night church service.

14 December, I flew down to Kolkata.
15 December, I took a midnight train to Ahmedabad. 40 damn hours journey as the train got delayed. 

Since monday, 17 December, I've relocated to my college campus again in Ahmedabad. After a long journey, it feels good to relax in an air conditioned library, doing nothing in particular but just flipping this and that book, many of which are very rare and way way beyond my limited budget :D . 

And if you're wondering why I won't be spending Christmas at home...I'm waiting for my big day, convocation day which will take place next week on 27 December. I could have gone back a bit later, but 26 is rehearsal day and there's no point travellin' on Christmas eve and Christmas day. Anyway, I've spent the last two Christmases and the then New Years here, so it's not a big hassle for me. 

Anyway, December is almost over, but my journey for this year is not yet over and I do hope I can fulfil a small wish I have in mind before the year ends.


Merry Christmas!!































































2 comments:

  1. Kum 1 chhung post a ni bawk a, a sei tha khups mai. Mahse, a Hmuhnawm-in chil a put, hehe ;-))

    ReplyDelete